Yayoi Kusama Museum will be reopened from May 28
Yayoi Kusama Museum has temporarily been closed from March 9. Due to the lifting of state of emergency measures by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Yayoi Kusama Museum will be reopened from May 28. We will take several measures to ensure the safety of all visitors and our employees. To prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection, some of the facilities in the museum are out of service. Please follow our instructions during your visit. We appreciate your cooperation to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Considering the situation, further changes might be made. Please follow our website for any updates.
We kindly ask you:
· To wear a mask
All visitors should wear masks that cover their mouths and noses at all times while at the museum.
· To sanitize your hands
Please sanitize your hands at the entrance with the hand sanitizer we provide.
· No large baggage
Lockers are out of service. Please do not bring large size baggage with you.
· Body temperature check
All visitors will be required to have their body temperature checked. Those who have a temperature higher than 37.5℃ may not be allowed to enter.
· To provide your contact information
All visitors need to provide their contact information. Your information will be provided to public health centers should a COVID-19 case occur.
· Opening hours are reduced
During ZERO IS INFINITY, ZERO and Yayoi Kusama, the museum will close at 16:30.
Please refrain from visiting the museum if you:
- · Have or probably have had close contact with COVID-19 infected persons.
- · Have taken medicine or gone to hospital because of having a cough, fever, or other flu symptoms within the last 14 days.
- · Have visited within the last 14 days countries or regions where COVID-19 is spreading.
[When you are in the museum]
- · Please practice social distancing during your visit. Please follow the signs on the floor when queueing.
- · Please refrain from talking in the gallery.
- · When shopping, please tell cashier staff the number of the goods that you want to purchase. Please do not touch the samples. Cashless payment is recommended.
- · To reduce the density of visitors, you may need to wait before entering the museum, or any particular part of the museum. Please follow the instructions from our staff when waiting.
[Our response to COVID-19]
- · All of our employees will have their body temperature checked when they report to work.
- · Staff will wear masks and gloves at all times while at the museum. Welcoming staff will also wear face shields.
- · The museum is cleaned and sanitized frequently, especially doors, handles, lavatories and the elevator.
- · Number of visitors in one admission slot (90 minutes) is limited to 50.
- · Opening hours are reduced, the museum will close at 16:30.
- · To prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection, some of the facilities in the museum will be out of service.