Yayoi Kusama Museum’s measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection
To ensure the safety of all visitors and our employees, Yayoi Kusama Museum takes several measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection. Please read the following instructions before your visit. We appreciate your cooperation to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Considering the situation, further changes might be made. Please check our website for any updates before your visit.
[Our measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection]
- · All of our employees will have their body temperature checked when they report to work. Museum staff will wear masks (some of the staff will also wear gloves) while they are in the museum. Welcoming staff will wear face shields.
- · Plexiglass barriers are installed in front of the cash register.
- · The museum is cleaned and sanitized frequently, especially doors, handles, elevator and lavatories.
- · To reduce the density of visitors, number of visitors in one admission slot (90 minutes) is limited to 40.
- · To prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection, some of the facilities in the museum will be out of service.
[When you are in the museum]
- · Please practice social distancing during your visit. Please follow the signs on the floor when queueing.
- · You may need to wait before entering the museum, or any particular part of the museum. Please keep an appropriate distance from each other and follow the instructions from our staff when waiting.
- · Please refrain from talking in the gallery.
- · When shopping, please sanitize your hands before touching the goods. Cashless payment is recommended.
We kindly ask you:
· To wear a mask
All visitors should wear masks that cover their mouths and noses at all times while at the museum.
· To sanitize your hands
We provide hand sanitizer at the entrance. Please sanitize your hands before entering the museum.
· Body temperature check
All visitors will be required to have their body temperature checked with a non-contact thermometer. Those who have a temperature higher than 37.5℃ may not be allowed to enter. We may ask those who having flu symptoms to leave the museum after admission.
· Provide your contact information
All visitors need to provide their contact information. We may ask visitors to fill a form at the entrance if necessary. Your information will be provided to public health centers should a COVID-19 case occur.
Please refrain from visiting the museum if you:
- · Have or probably have had close contact with COVID-19 infected persons.
- · Have taken medicine or gone to hospital because of having a cough, fever, or other flu symptoms within the last 14 days.
- · Have visited within the last 14 days countries where COVID-19 is spreading.